Inspired by you
It is time for another blogger nominated award. I know that this is essentially chain mail, but it feels like the universe saying, ‘Hi! We know you are out there. We love you. Keep at it!’ and it makes me feel good. So with that said a shout out and my honest thanks to Emily Lee at Sea Through Me for your nomination. I feel tickled pink.
The rules of this award are:
- Thank the person who nominated you and add a link to their blog.
- Display the award on your post.
- List the award rules so your nominees will know what to do.
- State 7 things about yourself.
- Nominate 5 other bloggers for the award.
- Contact your nominees to let them know you have nominated them. Provide a link to your post.
- Proudly display the award logo (or buttons) on your blog, whether on your side bar, ABOUT page, or a special page for awards.
A little about me:
(this was a surprisingly difficult list for me to come up with)
- Despite poplar belief by my stepmom’s family I have never ever dyed my hair.
- I used to tell people I was five foot eleven and three-quarter inches because I was embarrassed by my height. (I rock it now!)
- I could eat various combinations of bread, cheese, and soup for every meal, every day, and probably never get tired of it.
- My reaction to landing in Sweden after living in southern Spain for several months was ground shattering and is summed up by the following expression, ‘My people! I’m Home!’
- I used to wish I was Asian. Partially because my hmong friends had such beautiful eyes, mostly because all the white girls on the playground were mean to me.
- Risotto make me gag. Every time.
- I think every child should play Heads up! Seven up! (it’s pretty bomb)
People who inspire me
- Lydia at Deux plaques et un micro-ondes may have bailed out the first time (and delighted us all with her stories in the process), but she is off again to fulfill one of my life’s dreams, being an au pair. I am both made intensely jealous and marvelously inspired by her courage to return again.
- Jamie Ray writes bravely and honestly about her life at A Boy and Her Dog. While not a ‘normal follow’ for me she never fails to inspire me to be true to myself.
- Allane Milliane is not only a spunky writer, but she is also very good about reaching out to her community. If you are not following her you should. Even her blog’s name, packing my suitcase, rings true to form.
- Linda is a new discovery for me in the blogging world, but I am glad I found her. She is spunky and vivacious and recounts her tales at Woman With Wings. I only wish I can be like her when I grow up. (Did I mention that she’s 70?! I hope to be so blessed)
- Finally I would like to send this to all of the writers at Unexpected Wanderlust, who first introduced me to the joys of giving a shout out to your fellow bloggers.
Inspired by you
This experience, which has grown surprisingly quickly, would not be the same without the help of all of you. So thank you and this is for you…