Last Lovely Liebster
Liebster is a word with German origins meaning dearest, sweetest, kindest, and beloved. The Liebster Award exists only on the internet, and is an award given to bloggers by bloggers. The award is given to bloggers with less than 200 followers. The purpose of the Liebster Award is to recognize and discover upcoming talent in the blogosphere through a Pay it Forward initiative.
I keep meaning to check with Juli to see if she would ever use the word, but I (obviously) haven’t gotten around to it. In fact I have to say it has taken me far to long to thank Melissa at The Intentional Expat for her nomination. With my college career rolling to a close it has blogging has had to take a momentary step backwards, but I DID IT and I hope it means I can spend more time with all of you lovelies.
I am starting today by finally getting around to some blog discovery and recognition.
Here are the rules involved with the award:
- You must link back to the person who nominated you (but cannot nominate them)
- You must answer the 10 questions given to the nominee before you.
- You must select 10 blogs with under 200 followers to answer your 10 questions.
- And don’t forget to let them know!
1. Mountains or Oceans?
It is probably a product of being a 22 year old woman who is about to graduate debt free, but why do I have to choose? So I choose both. I grew up in the land of 10,000 lakes, but in Mallorca I fell in love with the mountains and discovered the ocean.
2. Which place can you travel to again and agian?
I talk a lot about why Mallorca was an amazing place to live and I spent a lot of time loving on Sweden, but one of the places I return to again and again is Minnesota lake country. There is something about water which calms me immensely. There is a familiarity in the cabins of my youth which I love even today.
3. If you only had 24 hours to live, how would you spend it?
What terrible knowledge to have, but if I had it I would likely spend it with as much of my family as possible. I would eat great food. And I would run as fast as I could, as far as I could, just so I could feel my body work one last time.
4. What ONE word defines you?
Is it wrong that I don’t know this word off of the top of my head? One word always feels so limiting to me, so I just avoid the question, but if forced I think I would pick vivacious. Meaning lively in temper conduct or spirit.
5. Guilty (blog appropriate) pleasure?
Red wine and good cheese. Maybe it is cliche, but even on a tight budget I love to indulge in a glass of red and a nibble. It just makes me feel so blessed.
6. Favorite quote?
There are lots of quotes about travel which I love, but I know that about myself. The quotes that stick with me most are those that are able to describe a part of the world I find hard to articulate. It is part of the reason that I enjoy listening to the radio, to podcasts, that I like to read, it helps me find a way to articulate my life. Recently I was listening to On Being and Reza Aslan was being interviewed. He was talking about the reason behind religion and it stuck with me. The quote below is from a different speech, but is similar to what he articulated.
7. If there was no risk of failure, what one thing would you try?
Make a living of slowly eating my way around the world. I would spend less time in big cities and linger in the smaller towns.
8. Who is your role model?
Again the singularity of this question is one which I find hard to answer. As always my family and friends have huge influences in my life, but if I had to pick one person who I admire greatly I would say it was Hannah. She blows me away and I wish that when I grow up I can only be half as cool as I think she is.
9. What picture that you’ve taken makes you want to grab your suitcase, pack your bags and hit the road right now?
10. What brings you joy?
- What is your favorite food you just can’t get where you live presently?
- One thing you always pack and never use.
- One thing you always wish you would have packed.
- Craziest leap of faith you ever made.
- Did it work out?
- You have a month and $10,000 USD, what would you do?
- What photo captures a moment when you were truly happy?
- Where is your happy place?
- Favorite time of day and why?
- What would you do if you could not fail?
10 awesome bloggers YOU should check out!
and who I nominate for the Liebster award
- Dodging Cliches (this one really is brilliant!)
- Poc a Poc: An auxiliar in Spain
- Waltzing on Water
- Manders Abroad
- A Freckled Journey
- Travel Querencia
- Hola, soy Dina
- Frankie Bitz & Pieces
- My Bella Travels
Until next time,
Thanks for everything,